Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 10:24 AM |  
I had a pretty good weekend.

The highlight was of course, the Mighty Tottenham Hotspur beating Chelsea. They played brilliantly, the best comprehensive beatdown of Chelsea I've ever seen. Sure, Chelsea was poor, but Spurs played well enough and could have won 6-1 with ease. This is fantastic considering that the result came off the back of the 2-1 win against Arsenal on Wednesday night. Two consecutive wins against the top 3. It was an extended wankfest all throughout! This was Spurs' first league win against Arsenal in 20 matches or something as the commentators kept reminding. Having supported Spurs for as long as I can remember (since 1990 to be exact, but hey, years go by so fast when you're in love) and going through so many downs and a handful of ups, a Spurs supporter should know better than to put faith in hope (aghhh Porthsmouth!) but I can't help it. We look good for fourth place, in control of our own destiny for a spot in the Champions League. Everything just feels right in the universe again.

Man Utd next this Saturday, and having put in very poor performances in the past two months, I really see and expect them playing "anti-football" to contain Spurs, just like they do when they come up against football-playing sides. Man Utd are full of "rough" players bordering on the dirty such as Rooney, Scholes, Fletcher, Vidic and as usual will get protection from the referee.

I'm no David Platt, but tactically, I think Fergie will assign Darren Fletcher to stick to Modric like an unwanted mole, and put Park Ji-Sung on the right to help Neville double-team Bale. Which is why I think its very important for Bale to play left mid, with BAE at left back to overlap and Modric in the middle, where he's been a revelation. Read somewhere that people complain that he doesn't dominate games like Fabregas, but people just doesn't seem to get that that's not his game. He's a player who excels at keeping possession, keeps play going, makes space and always look to make himself available to receive a pass. Also has a brilliant footballing brain. More to come from him, definitely. Fergie himself has publicly praised Modric last season, I hope he keeps his grubby hands off him. Keep your Berbatov and Carrick. I think that's enough on Football for now, I can really keep going forever on this topic.

Also went "swimming" (attempts to, more like) early Sunday morning with my mates Suweb Kacang, Suweb gemok and Shakir which is always fun.

On the wedding preparation front, it was also a good weekend. Followed Sabrina and Cho to buy fabrics for her wedding dress, and the colour combination definitely, definitely looks good. Gray is definitely a colour I like and although I can't yet visualize how the dress will turn out to look, I am quietly confident that the bride will look stunning on her wedding night. There's a pressure for me to look the part, but I really can't see how I can even compare. And the wedding shoes? Let's just say it was the first thing that caught my keen eye many months ago. It is simply stunning, and I'm sure everyone will agree.

.JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE IT.

Sabrina also got the makeup artist she wanted for her nikah, so things are slowly, but surely falling into place. Had a lot of quality time with my beloved the past week and the weekend was the icing to the topping of a cheese cake. Err. You get my drift.

Also watched Kick Ass. It is definitely the best movie I've seen in a long while. Funny all throughout and devilishly brilliant, I'll definitely have to make another post on the movie. I will.

The best thing about my weekend though, and last last weekend as well, is that I feel properly rested. Rejuvenated. Hurrah! My weekends used to make me feel more sluggish, more tired and the tiredness would accumulate throughout the week. It was a horror cycle, a bit like Akademi Fantasia on repeat. It was never two days of relaxation, more like trying to cram the most of things to do which you couldn't during the weekdays. Which is the point of weekends, really, but I think most people, well, me definitely, over-do it so much that we don't realize the effects it causes. The key was probably last, last weekend, which was pretty uneventful. I slept in the most of Saturday I think I slept from after Subuh to 12, then after picking up my Ted Baker shirt I bought online (on the cheap) (from someone who is married to someone Sabrina knows and has invited to the wedding) (on facebook) and a quick, semi-scout for apartments, slept again from 4-8. Woke up to pray, and after watching some utterly forgettable football on telly (can't even remember who played), I slept again around 10.

That Sunday, I picked up the kursus kahwin certificates, then on the way back I did a quick pit-stop at my local comics shop only to find out that there were no comics shipment that week. After that I hung out with Tasha, Hafshams and Talib for a while playing cards and watching a dvd Crazy Heart (Pisau Cukur was first choice, but there were technical issues) literally on a wall with the help of a projector. That's home theater for you, folks. There was also the Portsmouth result which pretty much ruined my weekend (okay, I'm not going there again. All is forgiven, Spurs ^_^) but it was a pretty much chill-out weekend. As a result, I just feel better. Proper sleep is something I've missed for a long time. Yes, I can survive and definitely have survived on minimal sleep every day since my schooling days. But who was I really trying to impress? Not my body, definitely. More sleep is definitely the way to go. I think I can appreciate that a little better now.

And last night's futsal game playing in the rain was very fun. Never ever cancel futsal when it's raining. Never. Slipped and lost footing a few times, but thankfully I didn't fall over like a few did. Very pleased with my play. I can feel that it's coming back.

All in all, I'm buzzing and feel fantastic. That's what a good weekend can do to you.
Posted by spursevere

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger templates