She received the storybook from Ariff Aris yesterday. She's excited about it. So am I. Can't wait to see it. Although I must confess, I never knew that people make storybooks from pictures for engagements, weddings, etc. Its a bit like a wordless comic book really. But are words necessary to tell a story when emotions have been captured? You tell me. Anyway, sneaks :-




More to come obviously.

Speaking of comic books, Iron Man 2 is out today. I was asked by a colleague whether I was looking forward to watching it seeing as I am a self-confessed comic book geek. I can't really say that I am, in all honesty. Obviously I will at some point watch it, but there isn't any real desire to get stuck in the sometimes maddening opening-day crowd to watch it sort of excitement present. Iron Man has never been an interesting character to me, although there have been rave reviews about the Iron Man comic series' current run by Matt Fraction. I've read the first trade paperback and it's really good. You lot can pick up the trade paperback from Kinokuniya or Borders. The direction of the title is interesting but my monthly pull list doesn't really allow for another title. Besides, I already gave the short-lived War Machine series (who will also be appearing in the movie) a go when the series was relaunched last year. After a solid start in the first 4-5 issues, it sort of fizzled out despite the interesting premise by Greg Pak and I lost interest in it and dropped the title off my pull list regardless of the potential. The series has even now been canceled.

Ip Man 2, ironically (see what I did there?), is also out today and to be honest I'm more excited to watch that. I watched the movie during the flight on my way to London last year, and it was so good I watched it again during the flight home! When Sabrina recommended the movie to me, I couldn't really imagine why a movie about a guy who probably does Intellectual Property for a living would really be that entertaining. Talking about this has suddenly made me miss those classic Stephen Chow movies. Okay. Random deviation (is not the root of the contract *wink wink*) here.

Oh, and yesterday night I received an email from my comics store informing me that shipment has arrived. Yezza.

[Random Fact Nugget of the Day: My aunties told me that my dad used to have a chest full of Iron Man comics. This has never been admitted, nor denied to be fair, by my dad]

That is all.
Posted by spursevere

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger templates